We could not achieve our mission without partners who are willing to open their doors to provide a safe place to call home for families and individuals who need affordable housing, especially our most vulnerable neighbors. Landlords and property managers play a key role in promoting affordable housing by renting units to families and individuals who are ready to move into permanent housing and Housing Choice Voucher participants who need more housing options in the community.
Benefits to Landlord Partners Include:
- Up to two months of rent for security deposit*
- $500 - $1,000 bonus for each leased household who participate in our housing programs*
- Vouchers guarantee 70% - 100% paid rent
- Consistent rent payments
- Tax incentives, in some cases
- Built-in market of available tenants
- Landlords retain management of their unit
- Dedicated customer service staff to address landlord questions and concerns*
- Dedicated staff to provide robust case management to program tenant*
- An opportunity for social impact
*Dependent on the type of housing program and/or availability of funding.
Units must meet HUD Housing Quality Standards and the rent must be approvable within HUD Fair Market Rents and market rate comparables. Rental assistance through our housing programs makes market-rate housing affordable. Program participants normally pay no more than 30% of their monthly adjusted income towards rent and utilities. The housing assistance payment subsidizes the balance of the rent to the property owner.